Fastening seat belt
What happens when the car is driving at 80 km / h. speed and in the event of a collision with another vehicle or an obstacle ?:
- after 0.026 seconds. after the impact, the bumper of the car is deformed. A force 30 times the force of gravity of a car stops it. Unfastened seat belts, passengers continue to move forward at vehicle speed;
- after 0.039 sec. the driver, together with the seat, is suddenly locked forward by about 15 centimeters;
- after 0.044 sec. the driver breaks the steering wheel with his chest;
- after 0.050 seconds, when the speed of the car decreases, it (the car) and the passengers start to be subjected to an inertial force 80 times greater than their gravitational force;
- after 0.068 sec. the driver strikes the instrument panel with a force of 9 tonnes;
- after 0.092 sec. the driver and the passenger sitting next to him hit their head on the windscreen and suffer (almost always) fatal injuries;
- after 0.100 seconds, the driver is pushed back after hitting the steering wheel;
- after 0.110 sec. the car slowly starts to move backwards;
- after 0.113 sec. a passenger sitting behind the driver, if he is also not wearing a seat belt, is in line with the driver, ie strikes the driver’s seat or the driver himself and is injured (usually fatally or seriously injured);
- after 0.150 sec. it all ends. Metal debris and shards of glass fall to the ground. The scene of the traffic accident is surrounded by a cloud of dust …
Everything happened in less than two tenths of a second …
♦ Fastened seat belt saves 40-60% from death. drivers and passengers.
ROAD TRAFFIC RULES р rimena:
♦ Road traffic rules establish the procedure for road traffic throughout the territory of the Republic of Lithuania.
♦ The behavior of road users is based on mutual respect and caution.
♦ Traffic participants must know the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Road Traffic Safety, pay the Road Traffic Rules and follow them.
♦ Road users must take all necessary precautions, not endanger the safety and environment of other road users, other persons or their property, obstruct their traffic or take all necessary measures to prevent or reduce harmful effects, except where: this would endanger their own lives or the lives or health of others, or such measures would do even more harm than could be avoided.
♦ Passengers are not allowed to distract the driver and interfere with his driving.
CHAPTER XXVI OF THE TRAFFIC RULES. Use of safety belts and other safety equipment
When driving a vehicle with seat belts, the driver and passengers must fasten them. If the bus is equipped with seat belts, the information symbol “Fasten seat belt” may be displayed in front of, on or next to each seat in a visible position. In the absence of this information sign, passengers must be informed of the requirement to wear safety belts orally or by audiovisual means before starting to travel.
- The safety belt must be fastened by fastening it over the shoulder and waist or as specified by the vehicle manufacturer.
- In settlements, the driver is allowed not to fasten the seat belt when reversing or in parking lots.
- Children with a height of less than 135 cm shall be transported by car or truck with child restraint systems adapted to their height and weight according to the size range and maximum mass of the child specified by the manufacturer or the following groups:
199.1. Group 0 is for children weighing less than 10 kg;
199.2. Group 0+ is for children weighing less than 13 kg;
199.3. Group I is for children weighing 9 to 18 kg;
199.4. Group II is for children weighing 15 to 25 kg;
199.5. Group III is for children weighing 22 to 36 kg.
- Drivers shall use child restraint systems that meet safety standards, that have been certified by the manufacturers of child restraint systems and that shall be approved in accordance with Regulation No. 1 of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe. 44/03 with no. 129 of 1977 June 28 The requirements of Council Directive 77/541 / EEC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to safety belts and restraint systems of motor vehicles (OJ 2004, Special Edition, Chapter 13, Volume 4, p. 235) or later.
- It is prohibited to carry a child on the front seat of a motor vehicle in a special seat adapted to his or her height and weight, which is facing in the opposite direction to the normal direction of travel of the motor vehicle, if the front seat is protected by an airbag. This provision does not apply if the front airbag mechanism is deactivated.
- Bus passengers over 3 years of age must use the installed fastening systems.
- The driver must ensure that children transported in a motor vehicle use fitted and adapted restraint systems.
- When riding a moped, motorcycle, tricycle, quad bike of all types, the driver and passengers must use motorcycle protectors (motorcycle helmets, eye protection against injuries). It is permissible to ride without the protection of motorcyclists if the moped, motorcycle, tricycle, quadricycle of any kind has a body (cab) or built-in roof safety arches designed to protect the driver, passenger and impact belts.
- A person who, for serious medical reasons, has been issued with a special certificate by the competent authorities shall be permitted not to wear a safety belt. This certificate must indicate its period of validity.
- The driver must ensure the safety of pets in a stationary vehicle and ensure that pets are transported in such a way that they do not interfere with driving, injure or injure road users if the vehicle is suddenly stopped.
Drivers, remember that you are responsible not only for yourself but also for those who ride with you.
Drivers and passengers, never question the need for a seat belt – you must fasten it! Article 134 of the
Code of Administrative Violations of the Republic of Lithuania
. Breach of the use of safety belts, seats of a suitable group adapted to the height and weight of children, as well as motorcycle helmets
Violation of the procedure for the use of safety belts, seats of the respective group adapted to the height and weight of children, as well as motorcycle helmets –
incurs a fine of 28 to 57 euros for drivers and / or passengers.
The same act committed by a person who has been punished by an administrative penalty for the violation provided for in the first paragraph of this Article –
entails a fine from 57 to 86 euros. Information updated on 2016-02-04.